Friday, April 15, 2011

My Future's So Bright...

...I gotta wear shades.

Another item I'm coveting for this fall are the classic round "hippie sunglasses" that are often called "John Lennon sunglasses" because of the round style similar to the National Health-style round frames that Lennon sported in later years.  I just think this is a style that is aching for a come back.  You only ever see them worn as Halloween costumes, and why?  They're classic and they look good.  For Fall, I'm thinking red, or cobalt blue.  Of course black lenses would also make sense.



These are 20.00GBP on ebay, but I also found some cheaper versions.

 They're great looking and they really make a statement.  Of course I'm not advocating wearing them with bell bottom pants and love beads.  But, as one statement piece along with an otherwise modern-ish (afterall, what is "modern" anyway?) outfit, they could really make an impact.

Okay, so what's on my shopping list for this Fall so far?  Top hat?  Check.  Round sunglasses?  Check.  So, I might end up looking like Gary Oldman in "Bram Stoker's Dracula"...


I'm okay with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment