Friday, April 15, 2011

New Life, New Decor

As I sit here in my 1950s-inspired dress and blue velvet mary-janes, it almost pains me to say the next sentence.  But... I have recently become obsessed with the idea of re-doing our bedroom.  (*shudders*  How domestic of me was that?  Is this what getting married has come to?)  In all seriousness though, I have always been interested in interior design.  Now that I'm married, I'd really like to get rid of the furniture I've grown up with, and get something that says "adult" and "ours" rather than "mine."

We've actually already begun, getting rid of the curtains, lamps and bedding I already had, etc.  I was really happy to see how open my husband was to a less conventional color scheme: orange and blue.  We found this gorgeous bedspread in a light teal blue-color.  That was the inspiration.  Before that I was thinking more of a damask theme in black and white because of a painting my aunt did that she gave us.  Anyway, once we had the bedspread I knew I needed a pop of color.  I also knew that color pretty much had to be orange.  (Yes, orange.)  Hubby was on board.  Turns out, finding orange curtains is not as easy as you would think it would be.  (Thank God for Ikea.)

The funny thing is, I started looking around online and the orange/blue color scheme is apparently everywhere.  I'm loving it.  Thought I'd share some inspiration with you.












Now all we have left to get are some throw pillows, a couple of new picture frames, (...possibly that collection of psychedelic photos of The Beatles as shown above...) a rug, and new furniture.  Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment