Friday, April 15, 2011

Peacock Wedding

Again, I'm not really big on the whole concept of "themed" weddings.  It seems reminiscent of a child's birthday party to me.  Or, even those crazy British "fancy dress" parties.  Still, to each their own.  I am a fan, however, of peacock feathers.  More as a color scheme than a "theme" per se.


My boyfriend wasn't very fond of the idea of including peacock feathers in our decor at first, but I think he's warming to the idea.  I mean, it's not as if I want them everywhere, all over our cake, or anything like that.  I just love them for the color scheme, and maybe tastefully included.


This is a gorgeous idea for a hairpiece.  One singular feather and jewels.  The colors are just beautiful.


Because things seem to finally be progressing with my boyfriend's visa (two years later), I really need to start thinking about this stuff again.  We'll have three months to get married once he gets here.  Luckily we're not planning on a huge affair, so it should be doable.  But again, I should start thinking about it.  I'm loving these rich colors for a fall wedding.


Not sure we'll be having flower girls, etc., but these dresses and color combinations are just precious!


When I originally came up with this color scheme, I was thinking a slightly brighter version.  Peacock blue with accents of aqua, a brighter purple, and apple (or kelly) green.  To me, it was more fun and laid back.  Spring/Summery definitely.  Now that it's coming on Fall, I'm liking teal and deep blue, darker, more royal shades of purple, and a deeper version of green with hints of emerald, but still a taste of lime.  This color scheme is slightly more sophisticated, which is great.  But if I'm being honest, I am a bit worried about it becoming... stuffy.


 I think with more laid back, rock 'n' roll wedding fashion like this, it will help keep the atmosphere fun.


If anyone is actually reading this blog, I would love to hear your thoughts on this color scheme and/or ideas on how to do this while still incorporating our love of a vintage, rock 'n' roll, laid back, fun atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    just to let you know that i have read your blog. I am getting married in March next year and have become besotted with the peacock theme. I agree with what you say at the beginning that it is more of a colour scheme than a theme.

    My fiance loves the idea, which i was suprised at as he is quite a traditional guy. I would love to see what other ideas you come up with so ill definetley be keeping an eye on your blogs.

    Im doing a wedding blog too so if you get curious and want to see what im up to, take a look :)

    ReplyDelete