Friday, April 15, 2011

Weir and Oscars and Babies, Oh My!

I don't really know who Johnny Weir is, other than I've heard his name and the words "ice skating" mentioned before... God knows where.   

I'm talking about last night's episode of The Rachel Zoe Project.  Rachel, in the midst of Oscar madness, took on Weir as a new client.  I'm thinking, based on what I've seen, that he must be something of a Lady Gaga on ice?  I can't help but think that he only wanted to become Rachel's client in order to become her friend.  And who could blame him?  He seems like he's into fashion, almost in the obsessive way she is.

Brad, Rachel's assistant, Rachel Zoe, and Johnny Weir

 I'm not liking the direction this season is going though.  Last season, editing really played up the whole Taylor nonsense, emphasizing how unhappy she was and how miserable she was making everyone else.  Then what happened this season?  She got sacked!  (To borrow a word from my fiance.)  This season, the editing team seems to be playing up the unhappiness between Rachel and her husband, Rodger, his desire for a baby, and her being unsure as to what she wants.


Well, I'll say it right now.  She does not have time for a child.  That, to me, is obvious.  If this show is representative, at all, of how life actually is for her, she doesn't even really have time for a husband!  I will admit (and yes, I'm revealing to the world (or, all three of you who read this) that I am one of those people who thinks she knows the people from the reality shows she watches) that I'll be really sad if their marriage doesn't work out though, because Rodger really does seem to love her.

Rachel and her husband, Rodger.

 I won't even comment on her weight.  She doesn't have time for a baby or even a husband, much less time to eat!  I don't believe she has an eating disorder.  I know people like her.  I think she's very high-strung and stresses out easily and there's no room in your stomach when it's full of knots.


The Rachel Zoe Project airs on Bravo on Tuesday nights at 9/c.

No comments:

Post a Comment