Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Let's Talk Hats

The wedding is over, but the fun doesn't have to be.  If you watched the wedding, or indeed, saw any of the photos of the Duke and Duchess' big day, then you have no doubt had a chance to evaluate the wedding fashions and, my personal favorite: the accessories.  So, let's jump right in.

First up, Prince William's cousins, the Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice.

Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice

There has been a lot said about these particular fascinators.  Like them or hate them, they certainly made a statement.  Personally, I think if Lady Gaga had been wearing Beatrice's hat, everyone would have swooned.  Still, it's not my favorite either.  Eugenie's, on the other hand, I actually really like.  I think with a different outift it would have been fabulous.  Very Carrie Bradshaw.

Sophie Winkleman, Lady Frederick Windsor




Now the hat that Lady Frederick Windsor wore, was probably my favorite.  While this hat has a very Zen feeling about it, I can also imagine it on the streets of 1950s Paris.  Then again, perhaps it's just Lady Windsor.  She just has one of those faces.


Carol Middleton, mother of the bride.

I thought Princess Catherine's mother looked just lovely at the wedding.  Very chic and appropriate for being the mother of a Royal bride.  Her hat was just lovely and flowed with her outfit flawlessly.

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson

This look, on the other-hand, worn by London socialite, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, just screams "Look at me!"  That, or she's preparing for the new Smurfs movie, set to come out later this year.  The hat could possibly be all right on it's own, but I have a difficult time imagining it when there's so much going on here.  I know there has been a trend lately of going monochromatic, but this is a little extreme.  I'm just glad she didn't have on matching tights!

Zara Phillips, daughter of The Princess Royal and cousin to Prince William

I can't decide whether I like this hat, however, worn by William's oldest female cousin, daughter of Prince Charles' sister, The Princess Royal.  The whole look is a bit extreme, what with the silver/gun-metal grey dress/coat.  I like the hat, but maybe not with that big flower?  I'm not sure.  I'm on the fence about this one, but it's definitely one of the more memorable hats from the big day.

Miriam Gonzalez Durantez, wife of Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg

Finally, I wanted to end with a splash of color.  I adore this hat!  It fit her well (Unlike Zara's, above, appeared to, judging by the photo of her seemingly having to hold her hat on.) and completed her entire look beautifully.  I found it very fun and just perfect for a Spring wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment