Friday, August 5, 2011

Princess Catherine Recycles Clothing?

Ever since the most recent Royal wedding (Princes William and Harry's cousin, Zara Phillips to her rugby player beau) this past weekend, all talk has been about Princess Catherine's... royal blunder?  What was this horrifying faux-pas that everyone can't seem to stop talking about, you might ask?  Well, it has to do with Kate's "recycling" of a coat she was photographed wearing... gasp... five years ago to another wedding.  (Dun, dun, duuuun!)

Courtesy of Radar Online
First of all, what kind of sad people have such little going on in their lives that they even notice or remember a jacket someone wore in 2006?!  Secondly, so she wears things more than once, most humans do!  Thirdly, not that I think it's an issue at all, but I notice no one's mentioned or harangued her for wearing cream or off-white to a wedding when she wasn't the bride.  I thought that was a "faux pas" as well?  And last, but not least, why are we talking about the fact that she's worn a coat for... god-forbid... a second time, when the hat on her head begs MUCH more attention.  Can we say "fab"?

According to omg.yahoo.com, the Duchess has worn approximately 5 dresses or jackets more than once now.  (Huffington Post has gone much deeper and found many more.  If you're the least bit interested, click here.)  Well, I think we should all just give up right now, because quite frankly, what hope for us is there if the future Queen of England has to wear an outfit more than once?  Can you feel my sarcasm?  That's, apparently how Kelly Osbourne really feels, however, judging by her recent comments on the Tonight Show.

"Well, I’m sorry, but if I had that job, I would only wear it once. If I am going to be the future bloody Queen of England, I’m going to wear that dress once, because I’m giving up the rest of my life, all of my privacy, at least I can get a new dress every day.” said Osbourne.

That's all right, Kelly.  We all make mistakes.

Kelly Osbourne

I think the Duchess of Cambridge is fabulous and it only makes her more human to actually have a wardrobe of clothing she goes to for a day or night out, rather than having a new outfit or pair of shoes every day of the week.  She's a real-life princess, not a fairy tale.


No comments:

Post a Comment